Sharjah Co-operative Society
- The Sharjah Co-operative Society was founded in March 1977 by ministerial decree (no. 16, 1977) as the first co-operative society in the United Arab Emirates. This came under the directive of His Highness Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al-Qassimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah.
- The main objective if this was to spread cooperative services in Sharjah and to socially and economically raise the standard of living of its inhabitants by adopting the principles of co-operative organisations.
As a co-operative society, we are very much focussed on the following principles:
• We are committed to our shareholders
• We continue to develop our branches, build new sites and develop new services for the people of Sharjah
• We are committed to our role in Sharjah society, co-operating with different segments and institutions across the Emirate
• We continue to spend part of our profits to support social activities as part of our responsibility to serve our community
Our Retail Business
As a retail business that has continued to develop over the last 40 years. Sharjah Co-op has established a strong position in the retail market, and has become a standard for quality and good value products.
• Sharjah Charity International
• Al-Thiqah Club for Handicapped
• Sharjah Social Empowerment Foundation,
• Family Council, Child and Youth Centers
• Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services
• Noble Quran and Sunnah Establishment
• Sharjah University and other entities.
Sharjah Co-Operative Society
Al Yarmouk Area, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, P.O. Box 5435
Ministry Approval Number 16/1977
VAT Registration Number: 100014634800003