Effective Date: [20/06/2021]. The following supersedes all prior Terms & Conditions. By participating or continuing to participate after the effective date, you agree to the following:the My Coop loyalty programme. However, a member can ‘partially’ enroll into the programme at POS (non-shareholders only).
The following information forms the basis of participation in the Sharjah Co-op Loyalty Programme “My Coop” These Terms & Conditions ("Terms & Conditions") are intended to protect the members of the Programme ("Members"), and Sharjah Coop ,Your participation in this Programme will be governed by these Terms & Conditions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them.
If you require clarification or further information, you may contact the Sharjah Coop Call Centre or send an e-mail to Customercare@shjcoop.ae Please note, however, the Program Terms & Conditions cannot be superseded or changed except in writing from Sharjah Coop.
- “My Coop” Programme membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Sharjah coop its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, employees, and agents.
- The “My Coop “Programme Terms & Conditions are governed by and are to be construed under the laws of the United Arab Emirates. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. By participating in the Programme, Members consent that venue for all suits will be in the United Arab Emirates. The Programme Terms & Conditions set forth here in supersede all prior Programme Terms & Conditions.
- Membership in and application for membership in the “My Coop “Programme is void if prohibited by law in the country of the Member's or applicant’s domicile.
- The Programme has no predetermined termination date and may continue until Sharjah Coop decides to terminate the Programme, at any time, with or without notice. Members will have three months from the date Programme termination is announced to accumulate for and redeem a desired reward. This means that, regardless of the amount you participate in the Programme, your right to accumulate points and claim rewards can be terminated by Sharjah Coop [three] months after Sharjah Coop announces the Programme termination.
- Sharjah Coop reserves the right to add, modify, delete, or otherwise change any of the rules, procedures, conditions, benefits, rewards, or reward levels pertaining to the Programme at its sole discretion, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of points already accumulated. This means that Sharjah Coop may make changes that affect, but are not limited to, participating products, rules for earning “My Coop “points, reward redemption levels, rules and procedures for the use of rewards, continued availability of rewards, reward types and the features of any or all special offers.
- Programme membership is free of charge and entitles Members the right to earn points which can be redeemed for rewards in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of the Programme. Member benefits and rewards while offered in good faith may not be available if prohibited by law or regulation in Member's country of residence.
- Sharjah Coop reserves the right to discontinue Programme membership for any Member who appears to be using the Programme in a manner inconsistent with the Terms & Conditions or intent of the Programme or any portion of the Programme, including, but not limited to reward redemptions. Sharjah Coop also reserves the right to discontinue membership for any Member who acts in a manner inconsistent with local or federal laws, statutes or ordinances or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting fraud, theft, or dishonesty in connection with his / her account as determined at Sharjah Coop 's sole discretion. Such discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated points, benefits and privileges. In addition to discontinuance of Programme membership, Sharjah Coop shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and legal action, including, without limitation, criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- The sale or barter of any Programme points or other Programme benefits other than by Sharjah Coop is prohibited. Any points or benefits which Sharjah Coop deems at its sole discretion to have been transferred, sold, or assigned in violation of Programme Terms & Conditions may be confiscated or cancelled.
- All interpretations of Programme Terms & Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Sharjah Coop.
- To participate in the Programme, Members will need to enroll through the mobile application (available by downloading the My Coop Programme mobile application or by visiting the Sharjah Coop Ecommerce). All members will enroll into the programme in the Bronze tier. Only Sharjah Coop Shareholders will sit in the Gold/ Gold VIP Tier. Shareholders must register via the Sharjah Coop by following the current process to become a Shareholder.
- Once the points have been forfeited, the Member may not recover any forfeited points, but the Member may begin to earn points again, thereafter.
- Each Member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Programme Terms & Conditions and as to the number of points in his or her account. Sharjah Coop may attempt, but is not required, to send correspondence to active Members to advise them of matters of interest, including notification of point forfeiture or Programme changes. Neither Sharjah Coop nor if applicable, Programme partners nor third party companies participating as marketing partners in the Programme ("Marketing partners") will be liable for any failure to do so and will not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Member contact information, for problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised by the Member, for any human error, for any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, for problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or on-line service, for any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction, for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, garbled, misdirected, mutilated or postage due mail or other delivery services or e-mail for whatever reason.
- Each Member is responsible for creating private account access information and for maintaining the security of that information. If the security of that information is breached by the Member or a third party, Sharjah Coop shall not be liable for any access to that account not authorized by the Member, accumulation of points, redemption of rewards, or other account activity that occurs as a result, and in no event shall Sharjah Coop be responsible for reimbursing the member for any points redeemed or other damages or losses claimed to occur because of unauthorised access. If the Member becomes aware of any fraudulent activity, including unauthorised redemption of the Member's points or rewards, the Member must report the fraudulent activity to Sharjah Coop in writing, within 30 days of its occurrence, and provide all further requested information and cooperation to Sharjah Coop to be eligible for reinstatement of lost points or rewards, which reinstatement may be done at Sharjah Coop sole discretion.
- Each Member is responsible for updating Sharjah Coop of any changes to his or her contact information through any of the programme channels.
- Accrued points do not constitute property of the Members. Except as specifically provided herein, accrued points are not transferable for any reason.
- Members are responsible for protecting and keeping secure Account, and any password or security questions used in connection with Account.
- In case of the death of a Member, points in the Member’s account may be transferred to another active Member upon Sharjah Coop’s receipt and approval of certain requested documentation and information. [all document related to First-degree kinship ( son , daughter or wife ) list the required documentation. To be eligible, the transfer must be requested, and all required documents and information provided within one year from the date of the Member’s death. Any transfer remains at the sole discretion of Sharjah Coop Any decision made by Sharjah Coop in response to a request for transfer is final and not subject to further review or dispute.
Earning of My Coop Points
Important Note: It is the responsibility of the member to keep themselves updated about the points earning rates. To find the current points earning details click here
- My Coop points can be earned for every eligible AED spent at any Sharjah Coop stores in the UAE/ Sharjah Co-p Ecommerce and Market Place website. The same applies to participating partner outlets, if applicable.To find a list of participating stores, please visit
- To earn My Coop points, a member must be an enrolled member of the My Coop Programme.
- Specifically excluded from the definition of "eligible spend” are the following types of ineligible items: on the VAT (Vat Added Tax) portion of ANY purchase, and some items as per Sharjah coop Decided.
- Points’ activity history is available on the “My Coop” Programme Ecommerce website and mobile app.
- Members are required to present their My Coop Programme mobile application or mobile number prior to completion of their transaction to receive My Coop points at any Sharjah Coop store. “My Coop” points will not be granted on previously completed purchases where a valid mobile application or mobile number was not provided prior to payment.
- My Coop points earned by any individual Member may be pooled only in accordance with Householding functionality in the Programme or transferred upon death of the Member as specified herein.
- If a member believes he or she did not receive the correct point credit(s) for their purchase(s), he or she must submit a written request for such credit(s) through the Sharjah Coop loyalty help together with a legible copy of the receipt. Failure to supply the adequate and unaltered documentation may result in denial of such point credit(s). Requests must be received at the Sharjah Coop within three months from the date of activity. Written requests must also include the Member's name, My Coop Programme account number (mobile application Account number), address and daytime telephone number.
- Current employees of Sharjah Coop, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries and the employees (collectively, "Employees") are eligible to participate in the “My Coop” Programme.
- From time to time, Bonus My Coop points may be awarded to Members on the purchase of certain products. Separate Terms & Conditions may apply to these Bonus Points.
- “My Coop” points, offers, promotions, and other services are offered by Sharjah Coop or other Programme partners, and may be offered to all Programme members or any group of the Programme members, as decided by Sharjah Coop Any offer or promotion is time de-limited and may contain additional Terms & Conditions, which will apply in addition to these Terms & Conditions. Each offer is only valid once, unless expressly stated otherwise in the terms of the offer. Sharjah Cooperative Society may limit quantities of products on which a single Programme member may earn “My Coop” points. For example, [Sharjah Cooperative Society] may make an offer of additional “My Coop” points on the purchase of a product, and state that a Programme Member may only earn “My Coop” points for a single purchase of that product, or for a purchase of any other number we specify. If you earn “My Coop” points in a manner not permitted by these Terms & Conditions or any offer, [Sharjah Cooperative Society] may deem, at its sole discretion, any such “My Coop” points to be invalid and cancel them which will result in the removal of such “My Coop” points from Member’s Account.
Redeeming “My Coop” Points
Important Note: It is the responsibility of the member to keep themselves updated about the points earning rates. To find the current points earning details click here
- To “redeem” means to use “My Coop” points to pay, or partially pay for, for eligible purchases by using the “My Coop” mobile application at the POS in participating stores that offer redemption or via the Sharjah Cooperative Society Ecommerce Platform .
- To qualify for a reward, the Member must have the minimum redemption threshold of “My Coop” points in their account to redeem for a reward.
- It is solely the responsibility of the Member to be informed about the Programme and to request the specific rewards at the participating Sharjah Coop stores. Reward requests require the Member to provide his or her “My Coop” Programme key tag or mobile application at the time of redemption, before the completion of the purchase.
- When a reward is requested, the corresponding number of points for that reward will be deducted from the Member's account.
- The Reward may only be issued against the “My Coop” Programme Member’s account.
- Rewards may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, or brokered purchased or otherwise transferred except with the express written consent of Sharjah Coop Any reward obtained in that manner without the required consent will be considered to have been fraudulently obtained and deemed void.
- Rewards may not be combined with other promotional offers, discounts or packages unless otherwise specified in writing by [Sharjah Cooperative Society].
- Rewards are non-refundable.
- Any tax liability incurred (if any) in connection with the receipt and/ o r use of “My Coop” rewards, including, but not limited to, local taxes, international taxes, fees, surcharges or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the Member.
- Members residing in countries where redemption of points for an “My Coop” reward or partner reward is prohibited are not eligible for such reward.
- “My Coop” points expire 24 months from the day they are earned and will expire on the 1st day of the 13th month. For example, if you earn 100 points on Dec 15th, 2020. These points will expire on Jan 1st, 2023.
Use of the “My Coop” Website / Market Place and Mobile Application
- Subject to these Terms & Conditions you are authorised to view and the “My Coop” Programme website and / or to download the “My Coop” Programme mobile app for your personal use only.
- [Sharjah Cooperative Society] may change, suspend, or discontinue the “My Coop” website and / or mobile app at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. Sharjah Coop may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all the website or mobile app without notice or liability.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access or otherwise use the website or mobile application, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service.
- For future promotions, the “My Coop” Programme website or mobile application, may contain additional terms (for example, conduct guidelines) that further govern the use of the “My Coop”. Programme website or mobile application, including without limitation features or offers (for example, competitions). If any Terms & Conditions contained in this agreement conflict with any Terms & Conditions contained within the “My Coop” Programme website or mobile application, then the Terms & Conditions of this agreement shall prevail.
- While Sharjah Coop endeavours to ensure the “My Coop” Programme website and mobile application are available 24 hours a day, Sharjah Coop shall not be liable if for any reason the Programme website or mobile application is unavailable at any time, for any period.
- When enrolling to the Sharjah Coop Ecommerce website, member can opt to enrol into the programme at a later date. Member will only start to accrue points from date of enrolment into the “My Coop”.
- As part of the registration process in the “My Coop” Programme, Members’ have automatically opted into Programme communication and will have the choice to opt out at a later date. Therefore, you will receive programme communications to your email account information about changes or additions to the “My Coop” Programme or about any of our related products or services.
Householding and Merging Accounts
- As Head of Household, a Member can have 3 dependents pooled under their account. This means that all of the “My Coop” points earned from the dependents will be added to the Head of Household’s account and available only for the Head of Household to redeem.
- Once a Member has become Head of Household, or a dependent of a household, the Member may not change their Household status for 6 months. For example, if a Member is a dependent in a household, the Member may remove themselves from the household, but cannot become a Head of Household of their own account for 6 months after leaving the previous household.
- Merging of accounts can only be done by the “My Coop” Programme Help Desk. Once accounts have been merged, they cannot be un-merged.
Your Agreement to Our Use of Information about You
- Additional personal information that we collect will include information that you provide when you enrol in the “My Coop” Programme or when you manage your profile online. During enrolment, we require that you provide your name, mobile telephone number and e-mail address. When you manage your profile online, you will have the opportunity to provide additional information about your shopping and lifestyle preferences.
- As a member, you may receive additional communications from us, including “My Coop” Programme account notifications and offers specifically for “My Coop” Members.
Conditions of Participation
- Sharjah Coop provides the “My Coop” Programme, these and other material, and other services and products “As-Is” and, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, expressly disclaims any warranties of any kind, express of implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, design, accuracy, capability, sufficiency, suitability, capacity completeness or availability.
- You also agree that Sharjah Coop does not represent, warrant, or guaranty that the “My Coop” Programme or any such other products and services will be uninterrupted, without omissions or error free, or that defects will be corrected, or changes implemented.
- Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Sharjah Coop be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the “My Coop” Programme or any such other products and services, even if an “My Coop” Programme authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, such exclusions may not apply to you. In the event Sharjah Coop is held liable for any damages related to such matters, your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to reimbursement for services or products paid by you to the entity held liable which were not provided by such entity. You hereby waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond two (2) years after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
- If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. The failure by Sharjah Coop to exercise rights granted to Sharjah Coop hereunder upon the occurrence of any of the contingencies set forth in this agreement will not constitute a waiver of such rights upon the recurrence of such contingency.